What's new

Looking at purchasing a new WiFi7 AP. Deciding on brand to go with.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have seen reviews of the devices including older devices after usage and no marks or spots on the ceilings. Some of them are also heatsink only cooled. Overall, any electronic device will and can accumulate dust. Part of maintaining is dusting off electronics.
I have never had to dust my Cisco wireless APs. I have used 3 sets in the last 15 years. My latest Cisco 150ax APs have only been running for over a year. They are quiet and only use 4 small screws in the mount to attach to the ceiling. You can move them and nobody will notice. I have done that and moved the AP a foot or so it had a direct line of site through a door way. If you need to patch the wire hole a little spackle paste and you won't notice it on the ceiling.

I am not sure I would want fans in APs. They would make noise that would bother me. Plus, they would probably need to be cleaned.

Nooo, I have a warehouse with APs like 30ft high, they are touched only on replacement. This is a business AP after all, must be maintenance free.
I agree but even in a business that is well maintained, they may get surrounding areas cleaned. I have seen it even at my business at has them about 20-40ft apart. I am not saying high maintenance, as businesses of that caliber are also running temperatures lower or higher to maintain a nice even temperature more so for the electronics and not always the associates lol. I am sure the major monitoring is at the central software/controller hub for the IT folks, and most cases monitored remotely.

I have never had to dust my Cisco wireless APs. I have used 3 sets in the last 15 years. My latest Cisco 150ax APs have only been running for over a year. They are quiet and only use 4 small screws in the mount to attach to the ceiling. You can move them and nobody will notice. I have done that and moved the AP a foot or so it had a direct line of site through a door way. If you need to patch the wire hole a little spackle paste and you won't notice it on the ceiling.

I am not sure I would want fans in APs. They would make noise that would bother me. Plus, they would probably need to be cleaned.
I should of been maybe a little clearer. Think home environment lol. Even then the servers/routers/AP/IOT devices get minimum treatment with maybe a 2-4 times a year through clean down. Usually that also involves upgrades and blowing dust out of the fan filters. Devices hanging, barely get touched, and that goes double in the business environment. I do see the occasional cleaning around the APs though. More or less a duster run around them and the ceilings. Everything else IT related is managed remotely plus businesses run hair cooler or hotter depending on season to maintain a decent temperature more for the devices.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!