What's new

Looking for a new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thomaspleasance

Occasional Visitor
Hi i currently have a asus n66u but i can't manage to get more than 130mbps via ethernet.

I have a 200/100 fibre connection using pppoe auth so im looking for something that can handle pppoe well.

Any ideas would be great.

Tom

Have you verified that the router is the limiting factor?

i.e. Have you tried connecting a computer directly to the ONT and running the same speedtest to verify that you can indeed exceed the 130mbps limit?

If you have not done so, you might want to try that. The limit may simply be a matter of actual speeds available on your broadband link.

Have you verified that the router is the limiting factor?

i.e. Have you tried connecting a computer directly to the ONT and running the same speedtest to verify that you can indeed exceed the 130mbps limit?

If you have not done so, you might want to try that. The limit may simply be a matter of actual speeds available on your broadband link.

Hi yes i have connected directly to the ont and i get 200/100 speed well give or take 5mb. So it looks like its the router.

Hi yes i have connected directly to the ont and i get 200/100 speed well give or take 5mb. So it looks like its the router.

Try to keep your issue to one thread, it makes it easier for people to help vs. spreading same questions over two threads.

http://forums.smallnetbuilder.com/showthread.php?t=13007

There are numerous people from Singapore (and other places) on here that have talked about how to get their full WAN high speed connection working.