What's new

Looking to get AC router, noticed Archer C7 and RT-AC56U are $80 @ NewEgg

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fxer

New Around Here
Researching a new AC router and noticed today both the TP-LINK Archer C7 v2 & ASUS RT-AC56U are $80 @ NewEgg.

I know the ASUS is an AC1200 class and the C7 is AC1750 class, and I've got assorted devices a couple of which are AC:

rMBP
iphone 6
iphone 4s
fire tv
android nexus 4

All currently run off a POS router as I've been holding out as long as I could for AC equipment to mature. Any thoughts on if either of these two routers are the ones I should be looking at?:

If budget is flexible I suggest looking into other routers such as netgear R7000

I won't recommend TP-LINK Archer C7 V2 AC1750 since it's firmware has quite few security issue according to amazon users.

I have RT-AC68U and so far happy with it and yes it support ac standard.

It's a great deal, no doubt. It runs thru Sep 22nd, although I wouldn't wait until that date for any last minute acquiescence.

If a person wants to get into the 450-2.4 range, or wants to experiment with 5gz abilities in their environment, this is a deal, true.

Just don't forget adapters. Or else, snag two of these and use the second as a bridge and see what 5gz speed and range can be like. Hey - it's only money!!

If you go for the C7, make sure it's v2. The v1 has major compatibility issues with Apple devices. I personally have the v1 but no Apple devices and it's been stable and performing for my needs thus far