What's new

Low 2.4 GHz throughput from WRT1900AC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Papa, isn't the spot on your forehead flat enough yet? Just get Linksys to replace it.

Why is it strange? All of my 2.4 GHz devices are suffering.

It's strange because the 2.4Ghz band isn't limited in total throughput (or at least it doesn't appear to be) but rather limited at the individual device level.

It's almost like there's some bandwidth limiting feature enabled like QoS or something. If the radio itself had a throughput problem, I would have expected the throughput for each machine to go down as you added more machines but it didn't.

Papa, isn't the spot on your forehead flat enough yet? Just get Linksys to replace it.

LOL! I'm in talks with them. They giving me the run around as usual before replacing it. You know try this and try that kind of stuff. I'm hard wired and on the 5GHz band my family is suffering. LOL!

I had enough of this router and went back to my RT-N66W and all is good now. Bye-Bye WRT1900AC.

Hi,
That's a news to me. I know WRT 2.4GHz signal level is quite
weaker than R7000 but speed degradation, I haven't seen on mine.

Might just be my router. Belkin/Linksys is looking into it for me. But I don't have time to wait so it's sitting in a corner right now collecting dust.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi,
That's a news to me. I know WRT 2.4GHz signal level is quite
weaker than R7000 but speed degradation, I haven't seen on mine.

I actually find the 2.4Ghz signal level to be better than the R7000 in several key spots in my house...