What's new

Make device forget the WiFi password - ASUS AC-88U Merlin 384.12

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Moshe

New Around Here
Hi,

I would like to make a device forget my WiFi password so it will have to retype it again.
The device is not a computer so I cannot clear the password from the computer OS.

I'm not looking to block it or ban the MAC address, just to force it to reconnect to my WiFi network as it was in the first time.

It's a WiFi smart remote control RM PRO, and I need to repair it as it was never on my network before.

Changing the WiFi password is not a solution since I have many devices and to repair them with the new password will be to much of a time consuming.

Thanks.

Thanks, reset the device will not remove it from the DHCP memory.. As soon as I pair it it's get the same IP address..
I will try the guest network

Thanks, reset the device will not remove it from the DHCP memory.. As soon as I pair it it's get the same IP address..
I will try the guest network

That part is working as expected. Connecting it to the Guest network won't change that, I don't think. :)

What is the point to have it acquire another IP address?

If you reset the device without connecting to the router before you reboot the router, do you get the expected results?

I really can't see what the point is here? Sorry. :)

I really can't see what the point is here? Sorry.
You aren't the only one :)

It's a WiFi smart remote control RM PRO, and I need to repair it as it was never on my network before.
From a google search:
Broadlink RM PRO/PRO+ WIFI Hub Instructions
  1. Connect the Broadlink RM PRO Device to a mains port in the range of your Router.
  2. Reset the device by sticking and holding a pin for 5 seconds on the side of the device where it says Reset and then let go until you get a fast flashing blue light. ...
  3. Download the Broadlink RM PRO app from your appstore, called IHC.
Reboot your router after the device is reset and you should be clear.

Let me try to explain.
The device and some additional WiFi devices like Xiaomi lamps etc' are giving me hard time.
Since they don't have OS which I will be able to login and clear the WiFi password I would like to be able to remove them proactively from the DHCP and force them to login fresh again.

In addition I've got some smartphones and Laptops of my guests which I'm not recognizing so I would like to remove them so next time they try to login they will need to retype the password... I don't know why but it seems very mandatory to me...

It's very straightforward with Linksys routers..
https://www.linksys.com/us/support-article?articleNum=139502

Let me try to explain.
The device and some additional WiFi devices like Xiaomi lamps etc' are giving me hard time.
Since they don't have OS which I will be able to login and clear the WiFi password I would like to be able to remove them proactively from the DHCP and force them to login fresh again.

In addition I've got some smartphones and Laptops of my guests which I'm not recognizing so I would like to remove them so next time they try to login they will need to retype the password... I don't know why but it seems very mandatory to me...

Not sure I completely understand the issue here. I find it weird that it is not possible to reset the problematic devices in order to connect them to the wifi network again.
Perhaps this thread has some useful information for you.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/a...-delete-old-disconnected-clients.42466/page-2

Let me try to explain.

What you are stating makes no sense to me because if you reset the devices, you are saying that they automatically re-connect?

Does not compute. :)

Let me try to explain.

Just deactivate or change your existing SSID for short time and connect them to some other SSID, seems they can remember only last one connected to.
Then change back to old settings and they will find nothing again and you can connect them again.

This makes no sense. DHCP has nothing to do with connecting to a WiFi access point and authenticating (with the password). It is only after the client has successfully connected to the network that it asks DHCP for an IP address. Even if there was an option to delete the DHCP lease doing so would have no effect on the client - it would not disconnect the client.

Last edited: