What's new

Maximize compatibility with Wifi "B"

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Thank you all for the feedback received. The strange thing, and which I don't understand, is why my Ecovacs Deebot T30 Omni Pro has to create a hotspot "B" to allow the base to connect.....using the same channel in use as my router. I'm not very technical but I think this is the real problem.

Last edited:
Thank you all for the feedback received. The strange thing, and which I don't understand, is why my Ecovacs Deebot T3 Omni Pro has to create a hotspot "B" to allow the base to connect.....using the same channel in use as my router. I'm not very technical but I think this is the real problem.
I was unable to find support documents for a T3, but was able find a support document for a T30 under this brand. Is this the same model?

IMG_0257.jpeg

Sorry…T30
Googling i’m not only in this issue.

I find it fascinating that your main router as shown in wifi radar is set to b,g,n and AES encryption. It then shows it uses worse encryption and sets it to wireless b. What this tells me is whatever the configuration issue is, it’s within the firmware of the ecovacs.

I would maybe focus on ideal central placement of the base station. If the app can monitor signal strength of the vacs try and find somewhere it performs best away from solid wall corners unless the vac is dedicated to that room and the base station is nearby.

Well the manual does mention having wireless range extenders may help I’m not certain if they would even directly connect to the range extenders or router. Something is off about that and admittedly I don’t have the answer.

Try this as was suggested:

Try and see if lowering the power level of the radio on 2.4ghz on your router will make any difference. My rational is the base station is a transmitter independent of the router on the same channel as your router and this maybe causing congestion. As long as the base station can communicate with the router it should be fine and may improve the signal of the vacs.

Otherwise I would suggest making a support ticket with your vacuum manufacturer. They may have an updated firmware if they don’t push that automatically over the wifi.

Last edited:
My Roomba vacs roam when they are running as my house is so long 1 wireless device will not cover it so they have to roam. My house is 3288 sq ft one story no basement.

I have tested to date.
And there was only one solution to the problem.
All options active except one:
WMM off
Even Xbox One and Xbox Series X didn't want to connect.

Bye

Attachments

• IMG_8992.jpeg
    IMG_8992.jpeg
    11.2 KB · Views: 24
This option (on your attached picture) is disabled by default in Asuswrt.

1720733341787.png

WMM must be enabled, otherwise the link rates will be cut down to legacy 54Mbps.

I've seen this a few times, where a dual-band single SSID may cause initial setup issues with IoT devices...

What's always worked well for me is to setup a single band SSID short term, so that the Device and Mobile App can do the initial pairing...

Once everything is hooked up, one can disable the temporary SSID, and things should be fine

Once going, one should be ok with g/n connectivity setup for 2.4 - never set it to 802.11b mode only, as this will suck the airtime out of that radio...

Keep in mind that 11g/11a/11n/11ac/11ax/11be are all OFDM - and as such, the basic rates are the same - 6Mbps is the baseline for all OFDM targets...

I'm also not a big fan of setting the radio to a single mode only - the firmware is smart enough to sort it out on it's own - in 2.4, g/n generally works, in 5GHz let it float on Auto, as this covers 11a/11n/11ac/11ax/11be...

This option (on your attached picture) is disabled by default in Asuswrt.

View attachment 60105

WMM must be enabled, otherwise the link rates will be cut down to legacy 54Mbps.
Ok.
You can’t set Wmm off.
But i set on wmm (attached image), this cause issue with my robot and xbox.
Xbox’s won’t Connect.
Now all work with wireless option on, before with DSL AX82U, now with BE98.