What's new

media bridge mode drops

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bitzard

New Around Here
I got the ac66u connected in media bridge mode and another router hooked up to one of the ethernet ports to make it wireless. The problem is that when I have something connected to the router wirelessly and try to add another it won't connect either it will drop the first connected device or just not allow me to connect the second device on. On rare occasions it will let two devices connected but they would both go really slow about 25kbps. My internet connect speed when one is connected is about 13mbps. This happens with both the stock firmware and merlins. I have my old WRT54G hooked up the same setup and it easily lets all my devices connect (I have 14 devices using the interent at once). If that old router could handle that much of a load without crashing I would think this router would definatly match its performance unless there is something I'm missing. I noticed some TC/IP settings in merlins build while in media bridge mode does this have something to do with it? If its just that media bridge mode was not meant to work like this than I'm fine with that also I just want to know if there is anything I could do to make it work. I know I worded this really weird so let me know if you are not clear about something here.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!