What's new

Media bridge or turn it into a repeater?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

braebyrn

Occasional Visitor
I have two new Tmobile CellSpot routers. One is installed at the house in a window facing my shop which is 225 feet away. They are the TM-AC1900 models. I haven't taken the second one out of the box yet and wanted to know how I should use it?

I had a wireless N repeater installed on a small satellite dish pointing at the house and got great reception and speed, and figured replacing it with the second CellSpot, it would be even better.

Before I hook it up, I figured I would get your opinions on weather to use it as a media bridge or turn it into a repeater? I see Tmobile doesn't give you that choice on this model unlike the RT-AC68U

If I hook it up as a media bridge, will I still get to use the wireless capabilities like a repeater, or do I have to run a new (50ft.) Ethernet cable from the router at the shop to my laptop and printer, etc?

I use my Tmobile cell phone a lot and like the clear calls that the Tmobile router gives it. With the one router, and in the shop, I drop calls while on wifi calling and the laptop has a heck of a time loading anything quickly, basically its at the edge of the signal with just the single CellSpot facing the shop.

Lastly, I just use the laptop in the shop for looking up information relating to what I am working on at the time. Not for playing video games or any other huge file downloads.

Thanks