What's new

Merlin-FW + hopper 3 issue??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

Seeing I spent 6+ hours yesterday trouble shooting my network to find out the cause of the constant rogue receive spikes all my windows systems are showing

ponder.jpg

Went threw 380.64, 380.65, 380.65_2 multiple times with mutliple factory resets issue was always there until I mistakenly put password in for wifi wrong once after factory reset and notice the spikes were gone. so nothing was able to connect to wifi till corrected this, when I did constant spikes returned, Knowing full well the last few month of updates to the (DISH) Hopper 3 had screw up and cause more issue then they fixed I purposely left the Hopper 3 mac address out of the Mac filter (accept list), All the stuff connects fine no spikes. Moment I added the Hopper 3 mac address to the list and it connected constant spikes started again, I removed the mac address from the list so it had no access and no spikes, which means Hopper 3 is causing the issue.

So my question to the people here is does anyone else have a (connected 2ghz or 5ghz) hopper 3 "u345 update" and AC66U that see this behavior on there windows systems task manager Ethernet tab? I original thought it was bug in windows 10 task managers due to fact it only show this behavior in its task manager, "process explorer" network graph and other similar programs dont show this and removing hopper 3 from network and issue is gone. I think its "dish" updates that caused the hopper 3 to start doing (MoCa bleeding threw on to network or some feedback from it) this or wifi adapter on hopper 3 is going? cause the problem was never there before. Change channels and MHZ did nothing to resolve issue neither dies turn on off all wifi professional options or ap isolation, I went threw the them all.