What's new

merlin - which script?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

garyd9

Regular Contributor
I'm trying to figure out which of the merlin scripts I can use to modify the "ebtables" rules set by the firmware
for guest networks blocking. For example, when I configure the guest network on wl0.1 to NOT be allowed intranet access, the firmware creates:
Code:
ebtables -A FORWARD -i wl0.1 -j DROP
ebtables -A FORWARD -o wl0.1 -j DROP
I'd like to insert some rules before that to allow certain specific traffic to go through. I don't need help with the specific rules needed, I just need to understand where (which script) they should go.

I tried /jffs/scripts/nat-start, but when I change a guest network from allow to disallow intranet access, it will wipe out all of the ebtables chains, recreate what it wants, and NOT call nat-start again so I can replace my rules. Same thing with /jffs/scripts/firewall-start.

Is there any script that the merlin firmware calls (I'm using the 380.60 b2) after it sets up ebtables?

Thanks
Gary

There's no script tied to the guest configuration event. Best you could probably do is have a script through a cron job that will check the existing rules, and re-create your rules if you detect that they are missing.

It's undesirable for our custom rules to be absent for any length of time, so what we really need is a script that's called right after the router has touched ebtables, so that we can act immediately. What would it take to get such a script added?