What's new

MetroNet gig WiFi suggestion

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Icebound

New Around Here
just changed from Comcast to MetroNet fiber gig. Need a new router. Currently have a Netgear r7500 and r7000. Have 5 people in house and with friends and other devices typically have 20+ devices connected. Whole house is also wired with cat 5e cable and a tp 24 place switch. What would be a good option use as a wan with WiFi that could then Connect to he switch?

How many wired and how many wireless? When you start hitting above 20 wireless devices it is time to start looking at small business wireless solutions.

Previously running both the r7000 andr7500 performance was not bad and covered the whole house. Going through on devise for all the data as the WAN is where I’m thinking I will run into an issue with the older units I have

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!