What's new

Moen U Shower will not connect to AX86U Pro but was fine with AC86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

No, only the router it is running on.
My apologies, I’ve clearly completely misunderstood this.

I did a search a while back for how to extend all 3 guest WiFi networks to nodes or APs and I’ve clearly incorrectly recalled it was possible via Yazfi.

For reference, is there actually a way to do this (that doesn’t involve all routers and nodes being Pro routers on 3.0.0.6)?

So only to access points?
No. Router only. YazFi runs only on the router it is installed on. YazFi does not extend to any AiMesh or AP node down stream of the main router that is running it.

Lol. I can't think of the use case, yet, but I want my toilet to be Wi-Fi enabled. Is that weird? ;-D

The Moen U-Shower is very cool if you are willing to deal with the buggy Wi-Fi. Mine has four outlets. Two rain showers + body sprays. Each channel will maintain the water temp you set without you having to keep blending the temp as you shower. It also remembers temp preferences for two people. My ex thought it was the coolest when she could say "Hey Google" or "Alexa", "turn on the shower for me". The shower turns on, gets to her set temp, and it's good to go! Through Home Assistant, I can see each shower session and detailed data, although I don't know why I would want to know that haha.

It's your choice, of course. Every product has a market. In my opinion Google and Amazon know enough already. No need to feed them extra detailed information when you go to the bathroom and what exactly you do there. This IoT expansion moves fast to "Big Brother Edition". They can easily connect the dots where is your work place, what you do for living, what car you drive, when you arrive home, when you go shopping and where exactly, what room you stay in most of the time, when you eat and quite accurately what, now they know when you shower and perhaps even when you have sex based on "he" and "she" profile and use time... they have pictures of you from this smart door bell and listen to your conversations from this smart speaker. And you did all this to you voluntarily, for "convenience". Think about it.

It's your choice, of course. Every product has a market. In my opinion Google and Amazon know enough already. No need to feed them extra detailed information when you go to the bathroom and what exactly you do there. This IoT expansion moves fast to "Big Brother Edition". They can easily connect the dots where is your work place, what you do for living, what car you drive, when you arrive home, when you go shopping and where exactly, what room you stay in most of the time, when you eat and quite accurately what, now they know when you shower and perhaps even when you have sex based on "he" and "she" profile and use time... they have pictures of you from this smart door bell and listen to your conversations from this smart speaker. And you did all this to you voluntarily, for "convenience". Think about it.

I don't disagree. I used to think, operate, and advise people the same way you do. At some point, I gave up. I allowed myself being the product and business intelligence because I wanted --enjoyed the conveniences and fun factors. I like all the integration, automation, and controls. Indeed, they do know all that you described. It may be an asymmetrical trade, but I have a good time with the modern life and, for the time being, willing to give to get it.

I used to think, operate, and advise people the same way you do.

This is not what I advice people. You can have elaborate home automation without "Hey Google", but this is for another thread. After all - do whatever makes you happy. I also spend money on things most people will never want for one reason or another.