What's new

Move away from ASUS Routers / Mesh

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How does the ISP fiber pass through the outer wall into the building ?
Well, through a hole - but it's not wide enough for me to route my ethernet through it, plus I'd have to go back inside into two more rooms, where it's problematic. So I'd need a total of three holes.

Hi all!

Wanted to say that (while I haven't gotten to do the wiring yet) just the fact that I lowered the TX power seems to have stabilized the network so far (haven't had any more disconnects / hang-ups).

So what I'm saying is THANK YOU ALL for your input on my issue: you saved me quite a bit of money and headache. Great community!

Now I can just wait for some Black Friday deal on a higher end router (w/ a 10Gbps WAN) to set as main and use with just the two XT9s (or, alternatively, maybe I find a good deal on an outdoor one and get that instead).

Hopefully, in the next couple of weeks, I'll have time to do the wiring and I'll post back with my settings (after full reset).

Thanks again!
Raz

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!