What's new

[mtdblock3] CPU usage every 10 seconds

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Allowing it to be disabled would rend it completely useless, because if the user can disable it, then obviously so could any malware targeting your router.

Broken signature files are just a fact of life. Microsoft, Trend Micro, Eset, Norton - they've all pushed a broken signature file at one point or another that broke Windows.
This kind of messaging is trying to normalize that Asus asd is phoning home to who knows where and downloading who knows what, without the user being able to disable.

Having used Windows/Mac for the better (or worse) part of 20 years, I can't think of a time where a bad malware signatures file took down the box completely (BSOD's have typically be driver related, especially on Windows). AFAIK, there is no Windows/Mac malware protection that can't be disabled (perhaps there are hidden asd's running on everything these days).

This kind of messaging is trying to normalize that Asus asd is phoning home to who knows where and downloading who knows what, without the user being able to disable.

Having used Windows/Mac for the better (or worse) part of 20 years, I can't think of a time where a bad malware signatures file took down the box completely (BSOD's have typically be driver related, especially on Windows). AFAIK, there is no Windows/Mac malware protection that can't be disabled (perhaps there are hidden asd's running on everything these days).
Just a few years back, Malwarebytes experienced a bad signature episode that made it gobble up RAM until it killed your machine... that was a bad one. But I agree... I'd rather have the ability to disable this myself. Perhaps worth looking at where it downloads these ASD signature files from, and block the host/country. ;)