What's new

Multi-SSID with different connections possible?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flowrider

Regular Contributor
Hi all,
I can't seem to find the answer I'm looking for despite many google searches and looking on here.

I'm trying to find out if a router such as the Asus RT-N66U or the AC equivalent can broadcast 2 different SSID's where one is my normal ISP and the other is using my VPN tunnel (not sure if that's the correct term but I have an account with Private Internet Access). I'd like to be able to use but 2.4 and 6gHz as possible as well. I'm in Canada and would like to able to watch the US Netflix feed.

Thanks
Steve

Oh darn. I think I posted this in the wrong section. Darn n00bs! If a mod could move it I would appreciate it.

It is entirely possible, but very dependent on firmware of the SOHO router. Most SOHO routers of out the box cannot do this...

One way - create the VPN bind to the provider, and then enslave it to the VLAN on the secondary SSID.

But this is way, way, beyond the scope of this sub-forum - check the ASUS threads specifically, there's some good stuff over there.

Thanks for the help. It's all a bit beyond me but I'm learning.

I'll do more searching and post up in a sub forum.

Thanks!