What's new

Multiple SSID's broadcasting taking down our Wireless Router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bdavis

New Around Here
Hello there! We have a Checkpoint VPN-1 Wireless Router. The problem is that when a user connects to the wireless AP that it will give them around 0.05 kb's of data and/or will disconnect them temporarily. Eventually the router just stops broadcasting its SSID. I have moved the router to a "perfect environment" lets say. Works like a charm, it is a very powerful VPN AP.

-- The potential threat. Customer Support from Checkpoint has told us that since we are located in a large office building with multiple floors. Our router is getting so many broadcasted SSID and requests that it is literally ERRORing out. The error logs are FILLED daily.

- I have tried using every channel, moving the device, blocking over 20 SSID's being broadcasted, worthless tech support.

Any thoughts?

I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Bear

Huh? I don't understand what Checkpoint is telling you. Any decent router / AP isn't going to be overwhelmed by other in-range APs broadcasting beacons.

Did this product ever work? If it did, did your problem correspond to any changes that you can think of?

If your router does have a log, check it to see if there are any clues as to what is going on.

How many users is the router handling?

other SSIDs aren't important.

Verify for us that you've got the basic in place... Encryption enabled, SSID set to something unique to you, disable proprietary features if any such as turbo blah, disabled 40MHz mode if applicable.

And the WAN side of your wifi router... is that traffic proper?