What's new

Must have gotten a lemon of a RT-BE96U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

@GunSmoke I'm sorry to read that the new router to you caused you to stay up pretty much the whole night. If I did that I would be one unhappy camper. Also I'd likely have some answering to do to the wife and son about why it cost so much AND not work as it supposed to. I remember when we had two 6E routers in the house, 1 on the main floor and one on the 2nd floor, we finally got a 6E MacBook Pro and first thing it would not connect to 6 GHz. They literally dialed Apple tech support and handed me the phone. First thing they did was have me hard reset my ASUS AiMesh primary router! Haha there went my 4/5 node network, AND it did not solve the problem....
What solved the problem? Anytime I've had issues with individual devices it was because I was screwing around with the wireless settings when I really didn't need to. I leave those options default now other than set the radio to maximum power if it's not already.

Maybe my WAN IP passthrough issue was a blessing in disguise and AFC on the GT-BE19000 will be worth having. Given 6Ghz is rather exclusive as a band, having the ability to boost the power on that seems like a good idea that I suspect will work out well for those that have it.

Yes for me, I decided a work night was the time to do the job and didn't expect any problems. Mainly annoyed at the router reconfig which I never got to. At 5:30AM and having her and I start work at 8:30AM I was angry but decided to give up. Panicked, knowing work started in a few hours as I got into the morning. As far as the expensive, I bought our 20 year old recently renovated house for my wife and I, it's paid off. Same with the car, and I pay all the expenses like these routers and appliances in the home. Maintenance etc. AND my wife makes more money than I do. So no one can tell me what to do on that front and I have the money obviously. 😎 That's what really gets people on the internet mad. When $750 gets a product everyone would love to have, tri-band wifi 7 with MLO and AFC 😁👍 but they can't swing it because stupid or lazy or poor. Who knows the killer combo that strikes the internet lazies. The saddest thing to see in this world isn't their poverty, it's their envy. I love knowing you have enjoyed 6E wireless and now wifi 7 and there's this peanut gallery of poverty techies completely jealous of you. They'd love to have your money or equipment, but instead have to settle on the idea that somehow they're smarter than you because they don't have wifi 6E or 7. Pathetic but that's the world we live in.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!