What's new

NAT loopback not working on RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minilude

Occasional Visitor
I tried both options and now stay at "ASUS" as I read in other threads about the closed-source code of Trend Micro.

I flashed from the stock ASUS firmware to Merlin 380.62_1 . Did not reset or so.

The NAT loopback seems does not work.

Should I try to factory reset to solve the problem? There are too many settings that I do not wish to start over...

Last edited:
Works fine here, using merlins.
How do you testing it?

I have a DDNS address and try to visit within my home but the connection refuse to connect. If visit from a remote locate then it is fine...Do you use "ASUS" option?

Like this as an example: "minilude.opendns.org" from webbrowser.
I use Rmelins loopback.

just something to point out. my router is under double NAT behind my isp modem though I have set my router as DMZ machine. Does it make a difference?

I can visit the isp modem webui by typing the DDNS address.. Any other ports, for example, minilude.opendns.org:8000 won't get through the RT-AC68U

Visiting remotely is fine so I'm sure all port forwardings are set properly.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!