What's new

need 320 feet of range

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ok, so I checked it out last night and looks like there is a direct view from balconies with no obstruction except one tree, and maybe small branches here and there. Is that something that cant be worked around?

A few small tree branches etc in the way probably will make no difference, I think you'll be able to make the link work.

Great! Im gonna buy the recommended supplies or equivelents at my local fry's electronics in the next week or two then. Try it out and hopefull yit works, if not atleast I can return the un-needed products. Thanks!

I am curious also. A friend of mine did a similar thing a while back to share a connection between two hangars. We got the antennas for $30 each on ebay and fashioned a couple of brackets. The most expensive part was the cable from the antenna.

Now days we both just tether off our phones.

We have been busy with the move and our business, so have not had time to try this yet. But an update I do have is , I can actually connect to his internet using the current routers and thats it! Im really surprised at this. Obviously its onely one bar, and its in and out, and when it did connect the internet was extremely slow. But what I was getting at is, that this makes it seem that its very possible to do this with a more powerful antenna. Should I still do the bridge?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!