What's new

Need help choosing: lot's of devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zepplock

New Around Here
Hello All,

need some help here. I have a lot of wireless devices in a 1 story house. My access point (Linksys wrt54g) is in the garage. There's a NAS connected to the router over ethernet (1000mbs).

Living room (1 wall away from the garage, good reception):
- Apple TV (N)
- Wii (G, rarely used)

Home Office (2 outside house walls, weak signal, slow transfers)
- macbookpro (N), my main dev laptop
- dell desktop (internal G)
- music server (asus eee pc with G) - need a reliable wireless for lossless music

Roaming devices:
2 more laptops (G and N)
2 iphone 3gs (G)

Problems I have is weak signal in the office, router dropping wireless from time to time.

Solution:
I have narrowed down the list to Netgear 3700 (dual band, $150) and buffalo high power WZR-HP-G300NH(single band, $100). My idea was to wait for CES and see if anything new comes up.

The alternative would be to purchase something like http://www.ubnt.com/powerapn which I used in one of my projects before and it was very very reliable.

Ended up purchasing Netgear 3500 and it is great. Good wall penetration, stable signal, compatibility, etc. Highly recommended.