What's new

Need Help- N66U with EA66 as Access Point

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OK, must be cable.
I moved the EA-66 to another location and used a different cable from the wall to the unit.
Now I show 1 GBps.
So either the patch cable or the cable in the wall must have a bad wire connect.

Leave it in regular router mode - don't use AP or repeater mode at all!

Hi, Kamaran

Are you actually using EA-N66? I'm really confused about what you said in this post and your post#34. In your Post #43, you suggested to use EA-N66's Wireless Ethernet Adapter mode (dont use AP or Repeater mode), but how it can work if EA-N66 won't use same SSID and same Channel to communicate to RT-N66U router?

William

Last edited:
Hi, Kamaran

Are you actually using EA-N66? I'm really confused about what you said in this post and your post#34. In your Post #43, you suggested to use EA-N66's Wireless Ethernet Adapter mode (dont use AP or Repeater mode), but how it can work if EA-N66 won't use same SSID and same Channel to communicate to RT-N66U router?

William

No I'm not using the EA-N66.

I'm suggesting you connect the EA-N66 via one of its LAN ports and configure it as manually per the guide. Same principle applies regardless of device.

If you use the inbuilt AP or repeater mode you may not be able to use same SSID or may sacrifice bandwidth.

WHen I set mine up. I connected a PC to it like it said in the instructions. Whatever that default mode was. Then I changed the settings to make it an AP and the associated settings that an AP needs. Then I disconnected it from my PC and connected it to my network and I could access it without issue over my LAN.