What's new

Need Help

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Michael Mourad

New Around Here
hi ..
can any please help me to setup point to point wireless access point
i got to CPE airlive airmax2 but i dont know ow to set them up for best performance can any one please help me >>>

hi ..
can any please help me to setup point to point wireless access point
i got to CPE airlive airmax2 but i dont know ow to set them up for best performance can any one please help me >>>
"point to point wireless access point"... let's get the understanding correct here: which of these is the use case?
1) Point to point means you want to interconnect two places/buildings via a WiFi link. This is called a bridge link. One end has an ethernet cable to a LAN or router port. The other end (far end) of the link has an ethernet connection to a PC or to an ethernet switch. That device cannot be, simultaneously, the end of the bridge link AND an access point for nearby WiFi - hence the use of its ethernet port. If you need a WiFi access point (AP) for WiFi clients, you would have to add an AP, by buying an AP or re-purposing any WiFi router as an AP. (FAQ here on that). A very few products can do the simultaneous client bridge AND AP - have to read the docs carefully.

2) Point to point means not a bridge link as above, but you merely want to create WiFi outdoor coverage as an addition to indoor coverage. For that, you simply setup one device as an AP, put it outdoors, say, under an eaves, then run a cat5 to the router. Or use a cat5 replacement if running the wire is impractical; such alternatives include MoCA and HomePlug/IP over AC power wiring.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!