What's new

Need recommendation on router and two access points

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Decided to get two linksys ea9300, half price, and two refurbed re7000--half price of retail on amazon prime day. Cost was a primary driver with seamless roaming via wired APs. Setup one ea9300 as primary, other ea9300 in bridge mode, re7000 setup as wired access points with 802.11r enabled. Separate ssid names for 2.4 and 5ghz, but same ssid for each network on all devices. Now get seamless roaming 150mbps up and down all around the house. One ea9300 on channel 1 and other on channel 11 for 2.4 and re7000 on auto. The devices only allow me to put 5ghz on auto band selection since I have band steering enabled as well.

I will have to wait on linksys to upgrade firmware to get my dual wan feature enabled. But overall satisfied with all the testing I have done with the roaming and getting full bandwidth with no dead spots