What's new

Netgear CM3000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

KDem43

Occasional Visitor
With Xfinity finally allowing customers on the X2 plan to use their own modems I decided giving the Netgear Nighthawk CM3000 a try. I didn’t see much posted on this modem from its owners so figured I’d give my experience in case someone is considering it.

First the setup was very fast. I did everything through the Xfinity app without talking to anyone. The app used my phone to scan the MAC and did mostly everything else going forward. It didn’t connect my modem the first try so I unplugged it for a reboot. then after it was done starting back up I tried again and it worked.

After setup I immediately noticed my tv loaded faster. Usually it takes a few seconds or more before the internet connects. This time it was instant. Apps loaded movies faster too. I jumped online to see if there was a difference and sure enough that slight delay I was experiencing is gone. Now it really feels like I’m getting 2.4Gbps. Upload and download are basically where it was with the XB8. Jitter seems much improved. I didn’t everything through notice immediately my pig significantly improved. My be98 pro shows 14-16 ping vs XB8 (bridge mode) was at 21-23 or more. I wasn’t expecting that to improve at all.

Just my experience so far vs the XB8.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!