What's new

Netgear Nighthawk x6 R8000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Binky1985

New Around Here
Hi all,
I have recently bought a Netgear nighthawk X6 R8000. I stupidly set it up with my talk talk router in place and from what I've read the netgear router has turned into AP mode not router mode. How do I turn it back and take out my talk talk router? Is this do able from what I've read it is but i'll be honest it's over my head.
Just to clarify my internet connection comes in then into my talk talk router then bu cable to my netgear router then this gives me my wifi signal.

Thanks in advance.

The only way it would be in AP mode, is if the mode on the 8000 was actually changed. Manual - Pages 116, 117.

The IP Addresses on the 8000 may have changed to a 10.x.x.x subnet, if it sees its default subnet of 192.168.1.x on the same LAN, from another router.

You should check with your ISP to see how you can configure the talk talk device. (bridge or transparent mode). If the Talk Talk device can't be bridged, then you will most likely have to put the R8000 into AP mode, to have all your devices in the same subnet and avoid double IP NAT.

TalkTalk info link.

There is also the Netgear Forum, for additional support / info.

I believe TalkTalk supply a Huawei HG635 and not certain whether possible to configure in bridge mode.

One customer solution was to buy an Openreach VDSL modem from ebay for £10...!

But some interesting comments at: htttp://community.talktalk.co.uk/t5/Superpowered-Fibre-Broadband/HG635-Modem-Only-Bridge-Mode/td-p/1483303

Remember, a lot of Vendors will do a one-off products for Costco - they change the model number/SKU to prevent price matching with other models in other channels...

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!