What's new

Netgear R7000 USB Data Corruption

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ankydu

Occasional Visitor
I recently connected my 16 GB HP mini USB 2.0 pen drive to the USB 3.0 port of my R7000. I accessed the pen drive via network and created a folder and copied a few files in it via WIFI, Later on I rebooted the router about twice in 2 days and on the 3rd day when I tried to access the folder, it says Access Denied. However I was able to access all the other folders which I created when the pen drive was directly connected to my laptop. Then I removed the pen drive from the router and connected it directly to my laptop. Windows notified me that it needs to fix errors in the pen drive. I ignored the message and tried to access the same folder, still it showed Access Denied. Then I ran Windows error scan on the drive and it fixed the drive by getting rid of that folder. :mad:

Is there any fix for this problem. I am already running the latest firmware.

R7000 Firmware Version 1.0.3.80

Does anyone know if this problem was solved with firmware 1.0.3.80? The release note says that NTFS driver was upgraded. Is NTFS performance improved? I am debating buying this router specifically for using it with external USB drive. Thanks for any input.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!