What's new

Netgear R7000 vs older Linksys E2000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wifiuser258

New Around Here
I have an older Linksys E2000 N300 router that struggles to get signal to all areas of my 2200 sq foot 2 story home. I know this is a difficult question to answer because of all the variables that affect signal loss, but could I expect a noticeable difference in range if I swapped the older router for the Netgear R7000?? I have a few AC compliant devices that could also benefit from a newer router as well. Thanks for your input!

I have an older Linksys E2000 N300 router that struggles to get signal to all areas of my 2200 sq foot 2 story home. I know this is a difficult question to answer because of all the variables that affect signal loss, but could I expect a noticeable difference in range if I swapped the older router for the Netgear R7000?? I have a few AC compliant devices that could also benefit from a newer router as well. Thanks for your input!

I suggest getting another router and cascading the Linksys as a secondary wireless switch\repeater. You could locate the Linksys closer to the areas with weaker signal.

Thanks guys. I ended up going with the Asus AC66U. It saved some money over the R7000 and for my wireless needs it is more than enough. So far it seems to be filling in the dead spots that existed with the old Linksys. I had to switch to the 2.4 gh band in order to get coverage on the far end of the house, but it still works well. I may end up using the linksys as a separate access point to boost the signal on that end of the house. Thanks for the recommendation. I updated to the latest firmware and haven't had any issues so far. Hopefully it stays that way!

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!

Staff online