What's new

NETGEAR R7500 Firmware Update - late beta V1.0.0.68

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bobsilver

Regular Contributor
NETGEAR has released a late beta firmware for the R7500 that addresses some of the issues identified since the r7500 release. In particular some testers saw some issues in 5ghz range. These have been ADDRESSED along with some other early release elements. Feel free to download and install this latest firmware from the link below. Also see notes from NETGEAR product management.

download the v1.0.0.68 firmware by below link:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33388314/R7500-V1.0.0.68.zip

You can unzip the downloaded file to get the img file, then upgrade your R7500 with img file. Normally it should be work well after the firmware upgrade. But if you see anything abnormally, just like before, I suggest to reset router to factory default then use it again. and also please do the firmware upgrade by wired connection.

Below is the release note that we have done some changes on V1.0.0.68 firmware which compare to current official v1.0.0.52 firmware.

l Improve USB performance when user copy file from PC to USB disk, especially when you do the “drag and drop” method on Windows explorer for NTFS write.

l Improve 5GHz wireless performance in long range distance, especially in some noisy environment.

l If user set 2.4Ghz wireless channel in "Auto" option, we improve the 2.4G channel selection after system boot up.

l Add country codes support for China, Australia, and Canada region.

Bob Silver
NETGEAR Networking Assistant

Hi,
2.4GHz band improved. My outside IP camera is getting better signal improving fps rate
from ~ 6fps to ~10 fps meaning signal level increased there at camera. Flashed this morning,
still working w/o any problem.

I'm still having issues on the 5 GHz band.

In my usage scenario I am using the R7500 as the main router and an R7000 in bridge mode over 5 GHz. Under these circumstances I am noticing major rubber banding in online FPS games. In this case I am playing Battlefield 4. This does not occur when the R7000 is connected on the 2.4 GHz band.

I did notice that the situation improves or disappears on servers that are lightly populated (<32 players on the server). On servers with 64 players the rubber banding and stuttering makes it impossible to play.

So this firmware does improve my issues slightly but does not resolve them completely.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!