What's new

Home Network Upgrade with RT-BE88U (Merlin) & AX-58U as AiMesh Node - Inputs ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Yes, have coax cables, however, I have been suspect about signal interference with my cable internet, since its a 50 year-old house. Have you had good experience and does the intranetwork work fine when you have cable internet signal running in/into your home ? Any recommendations for MoCa adapters for only up to Gigabit Moca (won't need 2.5 Gbps, 1 Gbps would work fine for me). TIA.
I have been able to separate cable Internet form cable using MoCA — my cable modem is connected at the origin of the ISP cable into the house so I have disconnected the cable run throughout the house to be exclusively MoCA (Who uses TV cable anmore?). I have successfully used both of the following to connect individual devices, but I have not attempted to connect router to AIMesh node using MoCA (I see no reason why it shouldn't work...):

There are other brands available, but I would stay away from TRENDnet since their switches don't support VLAN tags, which are necessary for Asus' VLAN implementation.

I am not sure about 1 Gbps MoCA adapters.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!