What's new

Netgear WNDR4300 vs ASUS RT-N56U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

valsa1

New Around Here
I'm going to buy a new router and use it as access point .

What i need is :
1) Gigabit switch with very good wired speed
2) 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless ( N600 or N750 not important )
3) very stable platform for a mix of more than 15 clients ( pc , netebook , NAS , Smart TV , smartphone, etc )

for my needs i've seen these 2 models under 100€ :
1) Netgear WNDR4300
2) ASUS RT-N56U

The asus has very good reviews , less info i found for the netgear

There is some advice to help me choose?

Ps. sorry for my english....

I'm going to buy a new router and use it as access point .

What i need is :
1) Gigabit switch with very good wired speed
2) 2.4 and 5Ghz wireless ( N600 or N750 not important )
3) very stable platform for a mix of more than 15 clients ( pc , netebook , NAS , Smart TV , smartphone, etc )

for my needs i've seen these 2 models under 100€ :
1) Netgear WNDR4300
2) ASUS RT-N56U

The asus has very good reviews , less info i found for the netgear

There is some advice to help me choose?

Ps. sorry for my english....

Re-purposed as an access point, I'd suggest buying most any mainstream WiFi router product for '11n in the US$50-75 area. You won't be using its routing features, so no need to waste money on those.

Re-purposed as an access point, I'd suggest buying most any mainstream WiFi router product for '11n in the US$50-75 area. You won't be using its routing features, so no need to waste money on those.

Any specific suggestion ?

I don't like to make specific suggestions, since there are so many reviews to rely upon, or, as I do, I read lots of user reviews on newegg.com and form my own cencensus among those people's opinions (tossing out the dummies). In general, I avoid over-marketed products, mass-marketed, but also avoid garage shop products. For example, I like/use WiFi gear that's affordable but sold to professionals and less so consumers. This includes Cradlepoint, ZyXel, Engenious, and so on.

Kind of like avoiding Gallo and Budwiser. Some will disagree, but, oh well.

Last edited: