What's new

new firmware on asus site 374.257

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bigcid10

Version 3.0.0.4.374.257
Description ASUS RT-N66U Firmware Version 3.0.0.4.374.257
Fixed:
1. Fixed Centrino 5GHz connection issue.
If the connection problem still exist, please press the reset button more than 5 seconds to reset RT-N66U after firmware upgraded and delete wireless profile on the client devices then create a new wireless connection.

2. Fixed HK ISP DHCP connection issue.
3. Fixed USB application update related issues.

Nope, the latest is 3.0.0.4.374.168 on this link. But i found it now on german support site.

Attachments

• Unbenannt.jpg
    Unbenannt.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 453
I can confirm that this one really has a fixed 5 GHz band - that's the beta I received from Asus a few days ago and that I tested here.

Note that you might need to delete the wireless connection profile from your computer and reconfigure it if you still have issues with the 5 GHz band. But after that, it was working fine for my 6230, as well as my contact's Intel 5000 card.

I can confirm that this one really has a fixed 5 GHz band - that's the beta I received from Asus a few days ago and that I tested here.

Note that you might need to delete the wireless connection profile from your computer and reconfigure it if you still have issues with the 5 GHz band. But after that, it was working fine for my 6230, as well as my contact's Intel 5000 card.

If I'm upgrading from the 27X branch, should I clear my NVRAM?

Didn't Fix it for me

My Dell Precision w/ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN still connected at 12Mbps after the >5 sec reset and profile recreation. I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.276 and like magic I am connected at 243Mbps... I would not break out the champagne quite yet...

Last edited:
My Dell Precision w/ Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN still connected at 12Mbps after the >5 sec reset and profile recreation. I reverted back to 3.0.0.4.276 and like magic I am connected at 243Mbps... I would not break out the champagne quite yet...

What driver version are you running on the laptop? I have 15.7 installed here.

Intel Driver 11.5.1.15 3/13/2008, I'll have to research further to see if there is something newer available. edit/ I downloaded the latest version from Dell A16, after installing it I connect at 450Mbps with the 3.0.0.4.276 version. I will retry this latest version later.

Last edited:
Intel Driver 11.5.1.15 3/13/2008, I'll have to research further to see if there is something newer available. edit/ I downloaded the latest version from Dell A16, after installing it I connect at 450Mbps with the 3.0.0.4.276 version. I will retry this latest version later.

Also mention which version you have installed now when you post the results with 374_257. Considering how old your driver was, there's a good chance that the update might help.

Just updated my N66U to this 374.257 since the latest merlin .31 was dropping the WAN connection.

So far everything is working great! My laptop has a 6300 with driver 15.7.0.3, date 04/18/2013.

Last edited:
Is there any ETA from Asus for a firmware update that will help the other wireless adapters that don't work well on 5 Ghz?

Is this a case where the Intel folks were the squeakiest wheel and they got the grease?

Have you reported the wireless adapter you're having problem about? Solving this problem is two way, from asus and your wireless manufacturer. How old are the drivers?

Have you reported the wireless adapter you're having problem about? Solving this problem is two way, from asus and your wireless manufacturer. How old are the drivers?

What do you mean by "two way". Please explain. Are you saying that intel had to release a new wireless driver for centrino products in order for this asus firmware update to work? It's not clear what you're saying.

My adapters are Broadcom chipset.

Based on your response, I'll assume you haven't been keeping up with the issue as it affects Broadcom, atheros, and Ralink chipset adapters too.

It's never been just an "Intel" brokeness issue.

Last edited: