What's new

New to R7800 - need some assistant

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fake

New Around Here
Hi,

I have a new router and want to install Voxel's firmware on it and have few questions after reading the readme file:

1. Which file should I install first?
  2. After I install the initial firmware, can I immediately install the last version?
  3. How do I configure my WAN/LAN? what other setting except for the wifi do I need to configure after the installation?
  4. if I'm following the following method to install OpenVPN, do I need to configure anything else (like ssh access) or is it enough just putting the files on the USB stick and connect it to the router? How do I disable openvpn server?

Create the folder /openvpn-client at the root of USB stick (name of folder should be lowercase).
    Put your *.ovpn config file into this folder (.ovpn extension of the file must be lowercase).
    Insert this USB stick into router. OpenVPN client will be started after 30 seconds. And it will be started automatically every time after next reboot already w/o USB stick.
    It is suggested to use CA/CERT/KEY of client embedded into you *.ovpn. But separate CA/CERT/KEY files also could be used. Every file from /openvpn-client folder on the USB stick will be copied to /etc/openvpn/config/client directory of your router. So use this path to CA/CERT/KEY in your *.ovpn config file.
    To disable OpenVPN client just create the file “disable” in the folder /openvpn-client (/openvpn-client/disable) on your USB stick and insert it into router. Now OpenVPN client will not be used.

3. Do I need to actively configure dnscrypt-proxy or the firmware comes with it pre-activated?
Thanks.

Attachments

• upload_2018-12-17_9-22-35.png
    upload_2018-12-17_9-22-35.png
    216.9 KB · Views: 317
Thanks.

So I just need to download the latest version of Voxel's fw and flash it?
What about the openvpn?

I
What Mfr and model# IP modem do you have? Built in router by chance or just a modem only?
I don't know, why is that matter?

Last edited:
Hi,
Netgear R7800 router is a wireless router, it offers WiFi connectivity. You can connect various devices to your router, such as smartphone, wireless printer, wireless laptop/computers etc..

You just need to follow few steps to configure R7800:

• To get started, you need to login your netgear router. Open browser and type routerlogin.net webpage and enter credentials.
  • After Sign-in to router login, find wifi settings.
  • Go to Home page of the Netgear R7800 router. To change your wireless network's settings, click on Advanced tab then click Setup located in the left hand sidebar and then Wireless Setup.
Hope this will help you!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!