What's new

Newbie- RT-AC66U Download bbc iplayeer slow

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

StevePD

New Around Here
Hi,
As a 'new to routers' nontech person I am happy with the standard setup of my AC66U except the download speed of programmes from the BBC iplayer. Streaming is not a problem just the file download of programmes to watch later.
My connection is by satellite and speed is very good most of the day (14Gb down 5Gb up). A 900mb programme from the iplayer will take over 6 hours to download yet when I download my weekly motorcycle magazine it is finished in a minute.
How can I set up my router to speed up the BBC iplayer download?
My daughter has an ADSL line and the same programme takes 30 mins to download.
I appreciate any advice or pointers thanks. :)
Steve PD

I think you mean 14Mbps up and 5Mbps down?

This sounds like the MTU needs to be adjusted, possibly? Ask your ISP for the optimum setting they recommend.

As for the magazine downloading quickly, I suspect it is also not 900MB's? Not to mention that it is from another website, most likely.

Thanks for the reply, I will contact Tooway and ask thm for the best settings. The magazine was 54Mb size, the programme was 900Mb file size. Please excuse my lack of tech knowledge, just trying to get the best out of what I have.
Regards
Steve D

No need to apologize!

We've all been there and that is why we're here; to help each other out as we can.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!