What's new

Newbie Seeking - Router Having 2.4MHz Radio Turned OFF - DPC3941T

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Junkerhead

New Around Here
Hello All,

I have been hit with an issue I can’t seem to figure out…

My Cisco DPC3941T running on Xfinity has consistently been having its 2.4 MHz radio transmitter deactivated in the 3-4am hour the last five nights (switched OFF). The 5 MHz transmitter continues to work fine but all the 2.4 devices go offline.

Xfinity support denies any system maintenance or signal ever sent to physically shut-off the 2.4 radio. I can 10.0.0.1 login and the 2.4 radio is “inactive” with the EDIT button greyed out. If EDIT is clicked it throws a popup declaring the Admin has switched off the radio. Only a factory reset,…reactivate router through Xfinity signal…will switch the OFF radio back ON and it works fine until the 3am hour.

Any suggestions or ideas would be appreciated. Thank You in advance.

Brand: Cisco
Model: DPC3941T
Hardware Revision: 1.0

I think Xfinity rent that one... is it a rental from them? If so I would ask them to ship you a replacement.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!