What's new

Skynet No data to display for only outbound?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Kobalt

Occasional Visitor
I ran into a weird problem today, was debugging an issue at my cousin's place, they were trying to stream a game and today it wasn't working at all

so, I tried to go to the website in question to see if anything was there, and it couldn't connect, so I tried a vpn, and it connected

I then went to the Asus router's Skynet page to see if it was being blocked there for some reason, and the GUI just shows
1726259844759.png

I then ssh into the router, and did a firewall debug watch to see if anything was popping up there and sure enough, the IP in question was being blocked

No idea why 205.220.231.24 was being blocked but it was. I just whitelisted that IP and all is working again

My question is, why doesn't it show outbound connections being blocked on the GUI? Inbound works fine, and the system log is set to "notice" and "debug" as normal

ideas?

As for how that IP got there in the first place, I assume one of the block lists added that by mistake

Last edited:
I would suggest to re-start Skynet, in case something is hung etc [Skynet Menu Option 8].

Also 'Hard' refresh the browser ... Press Ctrl+F5 (If that doesn't work, try Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R).

I would suggest to re-start Skynet, in case something is hung etc [Skynet Menu Option 8].

Also 'Hard' refresh the browser ... Press Ctrl+F5 (If that doesn't work, try Shift+F5 or Ctrl+Shift+R).
Thanks, yeah, already restarted it, and refreshed the browser cache, nothing has changed so far. I ran out of time to debug the issue, but I play to try again next weekend

Re the empty logs
To me it's completely normal. Skynet blocks any malicious outgoing traffic and logs it. If there's nothing malicious going out then skynet has nothing to block and the log stays quiet. A good thing.
You would have a problem if you did see entries in those. If skynet is logging incoming blocks then it's, again, working fine.

Re the empty logs
To me it's completely normal. Skynet blocks any malicious outgoing traffic and logs it. If there's nothing malicious going out then skynet has nothing to block and the log stays quiet. A good thing.
You would have a problem if you did see entries in those. If skynet is logging incoming blocks then it's, again, working fine.
but the thing is, it *was* blocking that IP, and that caused the problems, and since it was blocking it, it should have shown the block in the GUI

but the thing is, it *was* blocking that IP, and that caused the problems, and since it was blocking it, it should have shown the block in the GUI
If skynet was blocking it it would have been in the logs. The fact that the other logs were okay shows skynet was active.
In testing the IP resolves fine. I added it to the blacklist and it failed to resolve. I whitelisted it and it resolved.
I think something strange is happening on your cousin's router - that or the IP was manually added to the blacklist at sometime, or they're using a custom blacklist. There could be some strange configuration error (LAN/DHCP/DNS). For sure the IP doesn't appear in the default blacklist. Do you know which blacklist is installed?

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!