What's new

No Internet Connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Senthan

New Around Here
I have just recently purchased an ASUS RT-AC66U router and I am having some issues with the wireless. I have multiple laptops that can connect to both secure WPA2-Personal 2.4 and 5 GHz. Each signal says excellent but neither have internet access. I can not get to the internet from my secure connections. I can ping the gateway but can't ping any outside IP. I have updated to the latest wireless drivers for both laptops but still no dice.

If I create a guest network and connect to that totally unsecure network I have no issues with internet connectivity. I am not sure what else I can do to get internet access through my secure connections. I have laptops running Win 7 Pro and Win 8. Both connect fine to the secure networks but have no internet, but they both work like a champ on the guest network. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in Advance.

often, when a client device can 'connect' (associate) to a WiFi router/AP, but cannot access the Internet, the problem is that the encryption mode and key don't match.

If the user device obtains an IP address for the WiFi link, via DHCP, and it is 169.xxx, then this means DHCP failed because of the encryption configuration failure.

A guest SSID with encryption off, or different, may not encounter the above.

But when using the non-guest SSID, that you can ping the router (right?), seems counter.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!