What's new

[Official] RT-AC88U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.380.858

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That page doesn't work by highlighting, it works by dragging the priorities in the desired order.

Actually no the page clearly says select your priority. If you got into custom then yes you drag your priorities around as you indicated. But as soon as you do that and hit save it puts the QOS mode into "Bandwidth Monitor" mode instead. There are certainly issues.

Screen Shot 2015-11-20 at 6.26.38 AM.png

Actually no the page clearly says select your priority. If you got into custom then yes you drag your priorities around as you indicated. But as soon as you do that and hit save it puts the QOS mode into "Bandwidth Monitor" mode instead. There are certainly issues.

Sorry, I thought you meant the entries on the Customize page.

When you hover your pointer over the QoS icon at the top of the page, does it specify you're on the Web Surfing preset?

Sorry, I thought you meant the entries on the Customize page.

When you hover your pointer over the QoS icon at the top of the page, does it specify you're on the Web Surfing preset?

No, it always says customize mode. I've since turned off adaptive as it doesn't seem to honor my max upload speed either. It pins my connection at all times.

But further investigation reveals, it might be related to HW accelerated NAT. Once I disabled it, it seems to now abide by my max upload bandwidth.

it been acting good for the past 10 days
regarding heat , i m getting 76
76 degree Celsius or fahrenheit? Do you have fast internet speed? Does the router slow your network down?

Yes and No for the answers to you last 2 questions.
Is 76C good? I have never had a router that shows it router before.

76 degree Celsius or fahrenheit? Do you have fast internet speed? Does the router slow your network down?

Celsius , about 14 clients with NAS and 60/60 internet speed . never slows down unless someone is downloading a big file o_O + I never tested QoS (because you never know when you may need the whole speed for a specific application

running merlin's alpha 2

Last edited:
I received my 88u today. Bought it from Amazon but I think that was a mistake. It looks like it region locked in some way. With my 87u I had 5 GHz channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 52, 60, 64, 100, 104, 108, 112, 116, 132, 136, 140. Now with the 88u I have only channel 36, 40, 44, 48, 149, 153, 157, 161.

Is there any way to change the region on the 88u so I get the correct channels?

First thing I did was install the 3.0.0.4.380_858-g32ea84e release and make a WPS reset and factory reset from GUI and enter all settings manually. In my setup I have two 68U routers set as repeaters to the 88u, one of the repeaters are about 200m away from the 88U. The problem I have now is Linkspeed to this 68U repeater. It seems like the 5Ghz radio is not as good in the 88u as in the 87u or maybe it’s a software issue that is going to be fixed.

I have one big high gain antenna on the 88U and one big high gain antenna on the 68U repeater. With the 87U I had about -63dbm signal level and 433Mbps Linkspeed. With the 88U I have -78dbm and 117Mbps Linkspeed. The only thing done is to replace the 87U with an 88U in the same spot. The big antenna is fixed mounted to the house so it’s not moved. I only moved the antenna cable connector from the 87U to the 88U. I have tried to put the big antenna on all 4 antenna ports but it seems like the one the right side gives the best signal level for some reason.

For now I will probably put my 87U back despite all its flaws but it works well enough – I have the correct 5 GHz channels and it gives me 433Mbps to my repeater. If someone has any ideas how to fix the channel and Linkspeed problem let me know.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!