What's new

[Official] RT-N66U Firmware version 3.0.0.4.378.9235

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

- Fixed Adaptive QoS game mode GUI issue.

does this mean theres adaptive qos in n66u now?

No, it was just a copy/paste error when they reused the changelog for the other models that were recently updated.

this build have bug. read some first posts, and Asus fix it in the next release

this build have bug. read some first posts, and Asus fix it in the next release
One of the certainties we have in life is that this firmware has more than only the channel 13 bug and the next firmware version will fix bugs and introduce new bugs :)
By the way, that is not typical Asus but a generic software feature (writing software by yourself will make you understand this proces).

And if the bugs don't affect you then it's as good ad bug free. :p

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

On 2.4 ghz band stopped broadcasting after a few hours of uptime. On view list didn't show 2.4 ghz devices connected while wireless log showed them as connected and connection time was increasing. On older firmware this happens occasionally too.
After install I made a reset to factory settings.
Yesterday this happened a few times. Here's some screenshots.
47bb51bb7e93186e4ce48098a14acd4f.jpg

3dd07b8c338f8de7d156ae00e85bd84c.jpg

5ebdf6478ead45b2b2f9f5c922032d16.jpg

Had the same issue yesterday too. Did come back without touching the router or configuration though.
As far as I know mine never comes back without restarting router or changing setting that makes Wi-Fi restart.

As far as I know mine never comes back without restarting router or changing setting that makes Wi-Fi restart.
The router here seems stable, 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz clients stay connected without issues:

2.4 GHz set to:
Hide SSID = No
Wireless mode = Auto
Optimized for Xbox = unchecked
b/g Protection = unchecked
Channel bandwidth = 20 MHz
Control Channel = manual assigned (6)
Authentication Mode = WPA2-Personal
WPA Encryption = AES

5 GHz set to:
Hide SSID = No
Wireless mode = Auto
Optimized for Xbox = unchecked
Channel bandwidth = 20/40 MHz
Control Channel = Auto
Auto select channel including DFS channels = unchecked
Extension Channel = Auto
Authentication Mode = WPA2-Personal
WPA Encryption = AES

WPS is set to OFF, all the rest of the wireless settings including the Professional Tab is default.

The wireless drives is the same 6.30.163.2002 (r382208) since firmware version 3.0.0.4.376.3657, I cannot think of any issues there.
What I do see is that the client list is not stable, clients come and go, while they don't come and go for real.
The client list has never been reliable for wireless devices since ever I know, in any of the current and previous formats. I guess it is not even related to the router firmware but to the way the wireless protocol is designed.

I tried the firmware for a while and noticed the following message flooding the logs even though the router was working as expected "mDNSNetMonitor: GetLargeResourceRecord: opt 65002 optlen 8 wrong". Searching around I found it was from a feature supposed to be disabled by Asus, strange that I did not see the message in earlier official builds.

Was thoroughly disappointed to not see the many convenient and useful modifications that have been implemented in merlin builds. Reverted to 378.55. The official firmware was stable during the time I used it.

So I installed the new firmware, reset my router (RT-N66U), then loaded in my old settings. It kind of worked, until I looked at the Network Map, or the manually assigned DHCP list where every time I looked at either of those it would kick me out, and I would need to relog in to the router.
I tried cleaning the browser cache, then indeed trying Edge instead of firefox, and in did the same thing.

In the end I reverted back to the previous firmware, which I have found to be the most stable firmware so far.

Since thinking about it I think possibly I need to re enter all of manually assigned IP addresses to perhaps stop this kick out thing happening.

Maybe when I'm really bored one day

So I installed the new firmware, reset my router (RT-N66U), then loaded in my old settings. It kind of worked, until I looked at the Network Map, or the manually assigned DHCP list where every time I looked at either of those it would kick me out, and I would need to relog in to the router.
I tried cleaning the browser cache, then indeed trying Edge instead of firefox, and in did the same thing.

In the end I reverted back to the previous firmware, which I have found to be the most stable firmware so far.

Since thinking about it I think possibly I need to re enter all of manually assigned IP addresses to perhaps stop this kick out thing happening.

Maybe when I'm really bored one day

What version build number do you consider the most stable? Thanks.

I found with this build versus others that I had to do a factory restore after the upgrade. Many of my options for wireless (setting channels) and other features had empty drop-down boxes. Did a factory reset and have reconfigured my settings. So far no wireless anomalies or any others.

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!