What's new

One comprehensive Adguard Home installation tutorial (amtm).

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Igs

Regular Contributor
Sorry for the noob interruption, but is there a step by step tutorial for Installation AGH in amtm. I noticed there are many various choices during the installation. Skimming through hundreds of pages here is a daunting exercise. Thank you.

A lot of times, you just have to dip your toe in the water, and dive into the deep end of the pool... it's sink or swim around here, buddy! :)

LOL.

Nah... Most of the time, you can get a good bit of help from the [OP]/first page where the project is posted:

Other times, you can get more info from the project's github page that will include helpful info:

But for the other 90% of the time... you really just have to dive in, install it, play with settings, read up, search forum posts, search google, and learn how others may be using it.

Luckily enough, you have an awesome resource here... @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow know AGH inside and out, and can probably help you over most of the hurdles that might present themselves. :)

Luckily enough, you have an awesome resource here... @SomeWhereOverTheRainBow know AGH inside and out, and can probably help you over most of the hurdles that might present themselves. :)
Let me clarify, so far my installer and script for adguardhome has only been officially confirmed to work with firmware 388.7 and below (minimum confirmed requirement is 384.11). I wont know for sure if it works with the newer firmware (3006.102.1) until either I or someone with that firmware has tested it out. I know the 388.7 line is kind of in limbo until @RMerlin has gotten everything caught up. Right now we are at a point where we don't know which models (if any) will be moving in the direction of 3006.102.1, and we know there is a current alpha for the 388.7 for continuation to 388.8. Feel free to dive into using the installer by providing the "ag" command to AMTM, but keep in mind I do not know if it is supported with anything past 388.7 yet.

Reactions: Igs

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!