What's new

Orbi RBK53 Backhaul Channel Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mikewolfd

New Around Here
Hello,

I'm the proud new owner of a set of Orbi triplets, running the latest Voxel. I was wondering if anyone had any insight or suggestions in order to successfully change the backhaul channel while retaining it's HT80 settings.

I previously had a r7800 but the house I'm now living in is a 4 floor row home in a dense neighborhood, with a condo building on one side of me.. so I had to switch to something with more coverage.

I currently have them setup in a star configuration, connected to a 1GB FIOS connection. Implicit BF is off, MU-MIMO is off, channel coexistence is on, Daisy-chain is off.

I have a lot of channel interference from the neighboring Condo building which seemed to be causing lower throughput, but more importantly, spikes in latency while connected to 5G.

I managed to force the frequency to switch to 56 (DFS) by using the wla_channel and wla_hidden_channel nvram variables, and was successful. I saw increased performance and reduced or non-existent latency spikes when connected directly to the router. The problem is the backhaul, I got it to switch to 140 (DFS) but the channel width would only stay at 20MHz. I tried setting hwmode to ac11, htmode to HT80, and enabled enhance_dfs but it wouldn't budge.