What's new

Padavan's Custom Firmware

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Sorry no PS3 here. :(

I just use my Samsung Smart TV to stream from my router via DLNA. Works fine.

One thought... What format are you trying to stream from the router? They need to match what the PS3 can support. i.e. if the PS3 can't play MKV, you can't stream MKV from the router via DLNA. MiniDLNA does not transcode media.

If that's the case, you will have to convert your media to supported formats before you put them on the router.

I have issues with game lag on my PS3. I believe that streaming works fine from PS3 media server for me, as I just used it the other day. Not sure if there is something about the PS3 specifically that can be pinned down. How and what are you trying to steam? Maybe I can try it here.

They are just .avi files...
They play fine with asus firmware on my ps3.
It's just when I try padavans firmware, and I try to play them I get DLNA 2104 errors.....
This has been noted in the problem area seen here....
http://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/issues/detail?id=275

Not sure what the problem is, was hopen maybe the newer firmware worked.
Just got tired of flashing it with no luck. Was curious if it worked fine for others....
PS I have a release date PHAT PS3, not the newer style....but that shouldn't matter...

Last edited:
Features vs Tomato (N16)

does this firmware support Web filtering/Web site Logging?

Can you View Bandwidth Reports?

is it PPTP and OpenVPN? or does it also support IPSEC?

How far is the Wireless Range on this Router?

does this firmware support Web filtering/Web site Logging? YES

Can you View Bandwidth Reports? YES

is it PPTP and OpenVPN? or does it also support IPSEC? PPTP, IPSEC supported, openvpn can be installed saperately (only on padavan f/w)

How far is the Wireless Range on this Router? dont have exact answer

I made it to use mjpg-streamer_r63-3_mipsel with a philips camera (logitech quickcam pro 5000 is not supported) and I want to know if you can make a script with this firmware for /opt/etc/init.d/K99webcam to start by his own if the router is rebooting. Thank you.

edit: using nano /etc/storage/started_script.sh I wrote /opt/etc/init.d/K99webcam start and after a reboot is working.

Last edited:
Can someone please answer these queries for me.

1. Difference between Stock and Padavan's Custom Firmware
2. Is this Custom Firmware made from ASUS Stock Firmwares
3. Can i revert back to and ASUS Firmware

Last edited:
1.Difference between Stock and Padavan's Custom Firmware
I wanted to know that as well...!

2. I don't think so. The interface is different.

3. Yes you can anytime revert back. There's a utility for that on support page of Asus.

Thanks for your reply.

Are you talking about asus firmware restoration utility.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2

Yes Asus firmware restoration utility. I am happy with latest asus firmware ... Qos doesn't seem accurate though. Still thinking should I check Padavan's firmware out.

You don't need to use the Asus utility program. Just re-flash with Asus's firmware.

As for the differences... Padavan's just works better than Asus's, IMHO.

You don't need to use the Asus utility program. Just re-flash with Asus's firmware.

As for the differences... Padavan's just works better than Asus's, IMHO.

Can you please elaborate your last statement?!

i have the same question too. anyone know how to do it on padavan's fw(latest)? or is the any manual conf that we can use?

Can you please elaborate your last statement?!

I always had issues with Asus's firmware being buggy. I never could get some of the extra features from Asus to work consistently (DLNA, Torrent client, samaba, etc.).

Pavadan's firmware, just runs with some minor caveats for features (torrent client needs to run off an ext formatted drive, DLNA also runs better with it's cache files on a ext drive).

Last edited:
Hey guys

Sorry i'm new to this router (and clueless in Linux) but I was wondering how can I incorporate the special ISP requirements from Padavan's 1.0.1.8d-p3 firmware (specifically for Unifi in Malaysia) in his latest firmwares?

The 1.0.1.8d-p3 firmware has an ok connection but I could never load the setup page on 192.168.1.1 after a few hours after restart (internet still runs though). Therefore hoping to be able to use his latest firmware.

Cheers!

I meant this.

I'm thinking of purchasing the N56U, just wondering:

1. How is Padavan's firmware vs the original one, in terms of WAN/LAN speed and the wireless speed/signal, as well as the wireless stability?
  2. Does Padavan's have the function of reserve certain bandwidth for certain client, something like bandwidth limiter in Tomato?
    [*] Does it have the function of setting the router as a Wireless Ethernet Bridge? i.e. receive the wireless signal from the main router then provide Internet access to PCs connected via wire to its LAN port.

Thanks!

This is possible via WDS, but the main router must support WDS too. Also, it restricts your encryption to WEP which is obviously not ideal.

However, the other way is wireless ethernet bridge (WET.) For this, only one router needs to support WET mode. For more info on the differences see http://www.linksysinfo.org/index.ph...tween-wireless-ethernet-bridge-and-wds.32743/

I'm not sure if this router (with padavans firmware) supports WET mode, but I'd like to know as I want to link it in that way with another router which doesn't support WET, WDS or other firmware. I have this router but using stock firmware and if I can set it up as wireless ethernet bridge then I'll switch over to padavans.

Either way, I'd still recommend this router, it's very fast and capable.

https://code.google.com/p/rt-n56u/downloads/list

Version 66 has just been released! I been watching the changes, and many of them have been made. Especially, the addition of OpenVPN!

Really like that they put a checksum for the download there...everyone who is providing large downloads should be providing the download checksum as well, only takes 5 minutes, and can save users a lot of time. Actually, this is standard for professionals that do this, and is always appreciated by people that need to do downloads.

Anyways, if anyone tries this, please report on the wireless strength. It has not been good for previous releases, hoping for better. Wireless strength is the only thing that's keeping me from upgrading to this firmware from Asus .342.

Last edited:
Also looking for feedback....
My main curiosity is does it work with the PS3 for streaming videos? (DLNA 2104 errors)
Thanks!

Does this firmware support assigning one of the lan ports to be the wan port? My wan port does not work.

Last edited:

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!