What's new

PCE-AC68 Windows 10 Drivers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Broadcom has been a trainwreck throughout the Win10 experience...

Not just the PCE-AC68 device, there are others where performance has been less than reliable...

Does anyone know how to roll back drivers on Windows 10 a different way? The option isn't showing up for me to change the broadcom drivers.

I loaded the latest Asus support site .315 driver update, followed by the device properties screen "Update Driver" using Broadcom download for .333 from the Softpedia site. A .338 version of the driver was posted yesterday on Softpedia so I downloaded it, extracted it and did the "Update Driver" and it is running stable and fast.

Can someone please help me with the driver installation:

If I either install the official package UT_PCE_AC68_2108 or UT_PCE_AC68_2115 the "Asus utility" does not install.
I can see the option to uninstall the utility at "Start", "Asus" but have no option to launch it.
(it seems that only the driver will install - is there an separate installe for the utility tool?))
Therefore I have no option to set any region and can only use channels 36-48 with 5GHz.

Currently using Broadcom 338 with Win10 64bit.

Plz help, tank you very much.

Edit: Successfully installed the Asus utility by using file 2.0.8.8 .
File 2.1.1.5 does not contain the utility!!
Downside: Still not able to selec other channels than 36-48 in 5ghz :(

Last edited:
I loaded the latest Asus support site .315 driver update, followed by the device properties screen "Update Driver" using Broadcom download for .333 from the Softpedia site. A .338 version of the driver was posted yesterday on Softpedia so I downloaded it, extracted it and did the "Update Driver" and it is running stable and fast.

I can confirm that I was crashing repeatedly, immediately off fresh reboots, when using uTorrent. Installed the .338 from Softpedia, didn't even have to reboot, and no more crashes when running uTorrent. Still maxing out my traffic, too, so it's definitely the drivers that fixed it.

Strangely enough, this is the 2nd broadcom device I've had where the official Windows drivers consistently crapped out on me (the other was a wired network adapter a few years back). Microsoft needs to test their drivers under true load :p Not that hard, WHQL...

I can confirm that I was crashing repeatedly, immediately off fresh reboots, when using uTorrent. Installed the .338 from Softpedia, didn't even have to reboot, and no more crashes when running uTorrent. Still maxing out my traffic, too, so it's definitely the drivers that fixed it.

Strangely enough, this is the 2nd broadcom device I've had where the official Windows drivers consistently crapped out on me (the other was a wired network adapter a few years back). Microsoft needs to test their drivers under true load :p Not that hard, WHQL...

---

Strike that - I ran a bunch of speed tests, started uTorrent again, and got a BSOD. Different message with the BSOD, and it might have taken longer to produce, but still not completely stable.

Edit: And after some more boot -> torrent passes, keeps BOSDing immediately. Will try other drivers

Last edited:

Not part of the WHQL test suites, but it's implied that the vendor (in this case Broadcom) does their due diligence - the PCE-AC68 isn't the only Broadcom device out there that is having issues with Win10 - I've got a HP Stream11 with a Broadcom b/g/n bluetooth combo card that is inconsistent in behavior as well under Win10...

I also get BSOD when using uTorrent. Tried qBittorrent as well, seems it works a tiny bit better, but still getting the BSOD quite regular. Seems like the .308 (page fault in nonpaged area) gives an other BSOD than .338 (don`t remember the errormsg) though.

Contacted ASUS support, not much help there either:
"The problem you describe is out of our support range. The problem could also be in the computer itselves or it's operating system.
Our latest driver shall work ok, there is no known issues there."

Since it works for some ppl, I put on beer for that it`s the combination of HW and win10. Nothing much else to do than to wait for a fix unless somebody have a suggestion...

I also get BSOD when using uTorrent. Tried qBittorrent as well, seems it works a tiny bit better, but still getting the BSOD quite regular. Seems like the .308 (page fault in nonpaged area) gives an other BSOD than .338 (don`t remember the errormsg) though.

Contacted ASUS support, not much help there either:
"The problem you describe is out of our support range. The problem could also be in the computer itselves or it's operating system.
Our latest driver shall work ok, there is no known issues there."

Since it works for some ppl, I put on beer for that it`s the combination of HW and win10. Nothing much else to do than to wait for a fix unless somebody have a suggestion...

Having tried all kinds of drivers for this card in Windows 10, every driver exept the 2.0.8.8 which I used with Windows 7 originally gives BSOD in utorrent.
That driver works ok, but I want to use other channels tha 36-48 for 5GHz operation. I know that is a driver issue, as I could easily use channels 36-112 with the non-eu-driver, that sadly made BSODs as well :( Using 80MHz channels, leaving only the 36-48 space is problematic if there's a neighbour, there is no room for us both. The drivers that BSOD make errors in the windows event log as well pointing at networkuxbroker.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!