What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Release 2.2.0 is available

Recommend everyone to go through the release notes at kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/

For the select few contributed to this development cycle, thank you.
For the few downloaded and provided feedback, thank you.
For the many downloaded the beta versions, thank you for your persistent support.
For everyone else, enjoy the new release. Thank you for staying with *pixelserv-tls*
Thank you, I again was an "everyone else" tester of your beta versions. I did my part to support and spread pixelserv-tls hidden under the hood in scripts.

FYI, for those wanting to try out TLS 1.3 on Mac OS/Safari it is built into Mojave and High Sierra as an experimental option.
You can enable it manually for testing purposes by running the following terminal command:

Code:
sudo defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.networkd tcp_connect_enable_tls13 1

Purportedly there is a downloadable profile to enable TLS 1.3 on iOS, but I haven't been able to get my hands on it.

Used the terminal command above and went to https://www.ssllabs.com/ssltest/viewMyClient.html and it appears tls 1.3 is indeed working with stock Mojave Safari.

The conversation got me curious about TLS 1.3 support on the 384.7 firmware. I ran these commands

Code:
 #echo | openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018
Code:
# openssl ciphers -v | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq
SSLv3
TLSv1.2

Looks like TLS 1.3 was introduced in OpenSSL 1.1.1 on 11 Sep 2018 according per the change log:
Changes between 1.1.0i and 1.1.1 [11 Sep 2018]

Upgrade to Release 2.2.0 (2018-10-9) was successful

I installed using the command:
Code:
_binfavor=static sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"

Per Diversion, I can confirm the version
Code:
v2.2.0

Entware version shows 2.1.2-1
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep pixel
pixelserv-tls - 2.1.2-1
Should I remove the entware version? opkg remove pixelserv-tls

Upgrade to Release 2.2.0 (2018-10-9) was successful

I installed using the command:
Code:
_binfavor=static sh -c "$(wget -qO - https://kazoo.ga/pixelserv-tls/install-beta.sh)"

Per Diversion, I can confirm the version
Code:
v2.2.0

Entware version shows 2.1.2-1
Code:
opkg list-installed | grep pixel
pixelserv-tls - 2.1.2-1
Should I remove the entware version? opkg remove pixelserv-tls
Don’t remove. Just leave it. It will spoilt pixelserv. Lol. Tested.

The conversation got me curious about TLS 1.3 support on the 384.7 firmware. I ran these commands

Code:
 #echo | openssl version
OpenSSL 1.0.2p  14 Aug 2018
Code:
# openssl ciphers -v | awk '{print $2}' | sort | uniq
SSLv3
TLSv1.2

Looks like TLS 1.3 was introduced in OpenSSL 1.1.1 on 11 Sep 2018 according per the change log:
Changes between 1.1.0i and 1.1.1 [11 Sep 2018]
Guess still waiting for upstream to get it patched.

https://github.com/openwrt/openwrt/pull/965

Lots of works seeing how long they took.

Thanks for that.

I use ab-solution on my router with a custom IP block which hands ad requests off to the pixelserv instance on my pi.

Looks like openssl is still at 1.1.0 on the Pi, I'll have a go at compiling 1.1.1 - thanks for the heads up!

Cheers,
Dave

Sent from my LLD-L31 using Tapatalk

Openssl 1.1.1 and pixelserv-tls 2.2.0 compiled from source on my Raspberry Pi, pixelserv-tls running with 'tls1_3' flag set according to the stats page.

All seems to be running fine, thanks kvic:)

Don’t remove. Just leave it. It will spoilt pixelserv. Lol. Tested.

Looks like the entware version is required. I uninstalled the entware version. Diversion no longer reported the version number. Instead, I see this
Code:
likely v.Kk

I ran the installer script again from the blog site. It gave me a message that:
Code:
/opt/bin/pixelserv-tls missing or non-executable.

Your system doesn't seem to have pixelserv-tls installed.
Please install the prod version from Entware-ng first.

opkg install pixelserv-tls

then run this script again.
So, I installed the entware version followed by the new version using the command

Code:

Did you follow any tutorial doing that? I compiled pixelserv-tls alright. But couldn't configure it.
Openssl 1.1.1 and pixelserv-tls 2.2.0 compiled from source on my Raspberry Pi, pixelserv-tls running with 'tls1_3' flag set according to the stats page.

All seems to be running fine, thanks kvic:)

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Quick question about latest version..

Do I install the Statically linked pixelserv-tls (support TLS 1.3 and versions <= 1.2) or the Regular pixelserv-tls (support TLS versions <= 1.2)
I have an Asus RT-AC3100 running latest 384.7 firmware. Will they both work on my router?

Thanks

Quick question about latest version..

Do I install the Statically linked pixelserv-tls (support TLS 1.3 and versions <= 1.2) or the Regular pixelserv-tls (support TLS versions <= 1.2)
I have an Asus RT-AC3100 running latest 384.7 firmware. Will they both work on my router?

Thanks

Yes they both work. It's a trust issue. The dynamic one depends on Openssl provided by Entware repo which is quite old. The static version includes Openssl 1.1.1 compiled by kvic which supports latest TLS v1.3. If you use the static one, you get to use the cutting edge tech that is available. If you are skeptical about the static version, install the dynamic one.

Yes they both work. It's a trust issue. The dynamic one depends on Openssl provided by Entware repo which is quite old. The static version includes Openssl 1.1.1 compiled by kvic which supports latest TLS v1.3. If you use the static one, you get to use the cutting edge tech that is available. If you are skeptical about the static version, install the dynamic one.

ok thank