What's new

pixelserv pixelserv - A Better One-pixel Webserver for Adblock

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wow, didn't realiize I've scratch some nerve. There was no intention on my part to malign the Entware group and/or anybody in the community. It's more on being naive on what they do that's why I ask if there is betting going on. It's more on like understanding what's going on and nothing much being zero knowledge of the linux community. I thought being in the community for a little while earns me a little benefit of the doubt but guess not. I do respect and appreciate people in this community in fact being zero knowledge of linux I follow each one of you blindly.:eek:
What does hat betting mean in the context you wrote it?

I was reacting to the "taking too long" part, which sounded a wee bit critical.

I was reacting to the "taking too long" part, which sounded a wee bit critical.
This is a new phrase for me, what does it mean in plain words?
- Is there betting going on?

Actually, no idea what it means. And that's coming from an American. And as you know, a person who speaks a foreign language is bilingual, and someone who doesn't speak any foreign language is an American.

I believe what he meant by that is he's asking if Entware does any betting or draws etc to queue which package will go in the next update or when will the update be pushed.

Obviously, it's just a guess, what he actually meant by that phrase is something only he can answer lol.

Actually, no idea what it means. And that's coming from an American. And as you know, a person who speaks a foreign language is bilingual, and someone who doesn't speak any foreign language is an American.
Bet there's some bettering in it for me, thanks.

Reactions: a5m
I believe what he meant by that is he's asking if Entware does any betting or draws etc to queue which package will go in the next update or when will the update be pushed.

Obviously, it's just a guess, what he actually meant by that phrase is something only he can answer lol.
It just so happens that the question of when will it release comes up too many times for my liking. The factors determining for the when are unknown to the developer and the person asking for a date or ETA.
It's done when it's done.

It just so happens that the question of when will it release comes up too many times for my liking. The factors determining for the when are unknown to the developer and the person asking for a date or ETA.
It's done when it's done.

In not sure if you're into iPhone jailbreaking scene but we have a term so common there: "wen eta" and developers got so irritated with it that the term becomes a meme lol. All this eta discussion here reminds me of that.

In not sure if you're into iPhone jailbreaking scene but we have a term so common there: "wen eta" and developers got so irritated with it that the term becomes a meme lol. All this eta discussion here reminds me of that.
It goes back a long time, probably to the day of the release of the first “anticipated” software. I’m not that old but it’s been around my whole life. Perhaps @thelonelycoder et al. should formally adopt Blizzard Time™...

I gave up on /r/jailbreak for that very reason years ago. I stay stock, with the occasional beta if it has a feature I've been waiting for.

That, or in my case, I'd prefer more Wizzard Time™ on my hands.
“It shall be done when the Wizzard divines it, and there shall be no further discussion on this matter”

oLSlOPN.gif

I gave up on /r/jailbreak for that very reason years ago. I stay stock, with the occasional beta if it has a feature I've been waiting for.

Yeah same here, with every iOS release the need to do jailbreaking for feature set is getting lesser. Nowadays 60-70% of people use it for Piracy. Also, Apple is making it difficult to jailbreak on every major iOS release so not many developers are now putting their effort into it.

What does hat betting mean in the context you wrote it?
What I meant by that question is exactly what @Asad Ali said.
Code:

No bad intention in my part just trying to learn. That term is usually used in real estate dealings but I'm not going to go there. I should have used a different description to be clearer. Now I learn not to leave unclear statements that'll create assumptions.;)

What I meant by that question is exactly what @Asad Ali said.
Code:

No bad intention in my part just trying to learn. That term is usually used in real estate dealings but I'm not going to go there. I should have used a different description to be clearer. Now I learn not to leave unclear statements that'll create assumptions.;)
No harm done. The Entware team likely releases when they agree on that it is time to publish, and move on to work on the next release. They bundle a bunch of newly requested packages and updates into the release.

When @kvic resurfaces I want to remind him about the cascading hash tables. I think that was 150 pages earlier in this thread.

When @kvic resurfaces I want to remind him about the cascading hash tables. I think that was 150 pages earlier in this thread.
Don't remind me, it's in the to do list, but first I'd have to know what exactly this is, and then, how to implement it.

Apparently the iPhone device I have on my network isn't trusting the pixelserv certificate even though it's 2048 bit. What am I missing?