What's new

Poe injector

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

E

esyo

I am open a new office within next few days, i want to CC Cameras, probably 4-6 indoor and out. I need networking equipment with POE product for a non-poe switch, and use a poe injector.

Last edited by a moderator:
Easiest to do is put the cameras all on their own PoE switch then connect the switch to their network, less mess than having 4-6 PoE injectors laying around on top of something with wires coming and going. Most 8 port PoE switches only have 4 PoE, the others are normal, there are PoE only switches out there or ones with higher PoE ratio's.
TRENDnet TPE-1020WS has a 10 port, 8 are PoE which allows for some growth. I use cisco SG100D-08P PoE switches to power my aeronet access points for my portable wireless setup for outside events.
I use 6 Cisco SGE2010P 48 port switches through out the building for our now 200+ camera system.