What's new

Port Forwarding Question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

usamario

Regular Contributor
Hi
I am new to this board and have 2 question about port forwarding:
I have 3 DirectTV TV's each has its own IP, I tried typing each IP with port 882:8083 but it would only allowed me to enter one set of ports. When I tried typing the 2nd DirectTV2 ip with same ports it gave a message "The entry has been in list". It does not allow duplicates.
How do I go setting DirectTV?

Would Port Trigger do the JOB?
Thank you
Mario

I port forwarded my receivers. I went to the settings in the Directv menu and each receiver listed their own ports in the network section. I used those port assignments in the router. My first router used ports 27161,27162. 2nd receiver used 27163,27164. 3rd receiver used 27177,27178. I did notice a huge improvement in download speeds afterwards.

Mine are all networked together and they all get their Internet signal from my Genie DVR. One cool thing about the advanced networked receivers is that I can separate the internet signal from the satellite signal that's run inside the coax, hook up a splitter, and then setup an access point from anywhere I want, except for my wireless receiver which uses a video bridge to broadcast its signal.

Sent from my SM-T800 using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!