What's new

Entware Possible to install jdownloader on asuswrt-merlin router with entware??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JeyJ

New Around Here
I got a RT-AC86U and recently started experimenting with amtm and entware, but im wondering if it's possible to install jdownloader in entware and use it just like transmission works for torrents?
I know its possible on NAS so i thought it has to be possible on a router with a network drive as well

It uses JRE so you could install that and try

It uses JRE so you could install that and try
Do you know what java package i should use? Its not available in the entware repo and the ones I've tried haven't worked. They're either completely incompatible and won't recognize the java command at all, or im getting errors when it's trying to load shared libraries.

I'm using packages for linux, arm, 64bit, and i read i should be using LTE versions so that's what I've been trying

Do you know what java package i should use? Its not available in the entware repo and the ones I've tried haven't worked. They're either completely incompatible and won't recognize the java command at all, or im getting errors when it's trying to load shared libraries.

I'm using packages for linux, arm, 64bit, and i read i should be using LTE versions so that's what I've been trying
I don't have experience of running jdownloader on a router, my setup is on a SBC - arm 32 bit (headless) Ubuntu, openjdk-21-jre.

I don't have experience of running jdownloader on a router, my setup is on a SBC - arm 32 bit (headless) Ubuntu, openjdk-21-jre.
I found a way around the java part but im having issues running the jdownloader.jar, i dont understand much of it but its downloading updates but is unable to actually update.
Since you're also running headless, maybe you can take a quick look at my logs and see if you recognize any issues.

Not sure if i actually need to update jdownloader for it to function, but i havent been able to skip the update process when running it, so im basically stuck

Attachments

• 111.txt
    134.5 KB · Views: 8
I found a way around the java part but im having issues running the jdownloader.jar, i dont understand much of it but its downloading updates but is unable to actually update.
Since you're also running headless, maybe you can take a quick look at my logs and see if you recognize any issues.

Not sure if i actually need to update jdownloader for it to function, but i havent been able to skip the update process when running it, so im basically stuck
Line 1524 shared library libz.so.1 is not found, do you have it in entware/lib?

Line 1524 shared library libz.so.1 is not found, do you have it in entware/lib?
I do, but that's where my java normally fails when its trying to load shared libraries. I thought the command i found that helped running the initial command would work further down as well but apparently not.

Guess ill just have to accept defeat...
Thnx anyways tho

I would not run a Java application on a router. It's very resource-intensive.

I would not run a Java application on a router. It's very resource-intensive.
i know, just thought id give it a try and hope for the best. But didn't work.

Even then, there is no modern classpath (essential Java libraries). Free GNU Classpath was abandoned a decade ago.
well that explains it, no wonder i was struggling and not able to figure it out 😂
Im not very familiar with linux or java, but I'm usually able to stumble my way through almost anything, just by trial and error and a bit of googling, but here i was completely stuck..