What's new

Possibly in the market for a new router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi all, kinda of a dumb question.
Brief background: I am thinking of getting a AX88U_pro (currently using AX88U) so I can get the 2.5 GB ports so I can get the 1.5 GB speed Rogers has given me. Hence, I am capped at 1 GB with AX88U. I cannot use WAN aggregation as the Rogers XB8 modem (in bridge) does not allow it.

My question is: If I buy the Pro version, after I flash Merlin, can I restore my config from my AX88U backup, or do I need to (should I) build from scratch?

You can do/try anything you like with your new RMerlin-supported Asus router.

But for the most stable, reliable, dependable, and performant network:

• Flash the firmware you want to use (and this applies equally to stock or RMerlin firmware).
  • Confirm that the firmware 'took' and you're running the version you expect/want.
  • Reset the router using the WPS Button method, the Reset Button method, and also via the GUI (be sure you also check the box to 'Initialize all settings...).
  • Now, set up the router Minimally and Manually (i.e. do not use any saved backup config files). Do not plug in any USB drive that you previously used for amtm/scripts (without first formatting it on a PC to NTFS). Do not use any old settings that may have been applicable with your previous router/firmware (i.e. that is the, minimally).

You can do/try anything you like with your new RMerlin-supported Asus router.

But for the most stable, reliable, dependable, and performant network:

• Flash the firmware you want to use (and this applies equally to stock or RMerlin firmware).
  • Confirm that the firmware 'took' and you're running the version you expect/want.
  • Reset the router using the WPS Button method, the Reset Button method, and also via the GUI (be sure you also check the box to 'Initialize all settings...).
  • Now, set up the router Minimally and Manually (i.e. do not use any saved backup config files). Do not plug in any USB drive that you previously used for amtm/scripts (without first formatting it on a PC to NTFS). Do not use any old settings that may have been applicable with your previous router/firmware (i.e. that is the, minimally).

Thanks.

Is it possible to buy the RT-AX88U Pro in Australia, or is it specific to a region?

TIA.

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!