What's new

Primevideo not working

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Pikok

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've been using an ASUS RT-AC3200 for a while now and all has been well. I haven't watched Amazon's Primevideo for a couple of weeks now. All that has changed since the last time, is that I have updated to the latest firmware available.

However, since today I've been experiencing issues connecting to Primevideo. Any video I launch is greeted with the following error: http://i.imgur.com/wCco3rkh.jpg

I can confirm the issue lies with the Asus router as I've connected directly to my ISP's modem and all is working well. As soon as the internet passes through the ASUS router I get the error.
I've just reset the entire device back to its factory defaults and am still encountering the same error.

Would anyone have any idea on how to proceed next? I've gone through most of the options that I could think of, but am unable to find anything that would make Amazon's website think I'm not where I am...

Hi all,

I've been using an ASUS RT-AC3200 for a while now and all has been well. I haven't watched Amazon's Primevideo for a couple of weeks now. All that has changed since the last time, is that I have updated to the latest firmware available.

However, since today I've been experiencing issues connecting to Primevideo. Any video I launch is greeted with the following error: http://i.imgur.com/wCco3rkh.jpg

I can confirm the issue lies with the Asus router as I've connected directly to my ISP's modem and all is working well. As soon as the internet passes through the ASUS router I get the error.
I've just reset the entire device back to its factory defaults and am still encountering the same error.

Would anyone have any idea on how to proceed next? I've gone through most of the options that I could think of, but am unable to find anything that would make Amazon's website think I'm not where I am...
Are you using an IPV6 tunnel, TOR or VPN connection on the Asus?

Visit https://ipleak.net and validate that you're IP address that is getting reported is in the same geographical region as your Prime account. Did you change your DNS settings or are you using the ones provided by your ISP? Any proxy setup on your computer?

I've checked the website. All the information refers to my actual location.

The thing is. I only get this problem through the ASUS router, it works fine when I'm connected directly to the modem. Something in the ASUS router is causing this.

I disabled the TrendMicro scanner yesterday and it didn't resolve the issue. I'm disable it again now and leave it off a little longer and try again.

Any other tips are welcome... I'll see if I can get in touch with ASUS support as well, as I am unsure whether the Merlin firmware is causing this.

When you connect the router vs just the modem you will receive a different WAN ip address. It's possible the address when connected via the router has been blacklisted. As a test, you can try cloning the MAC address of the PC you are using to connect directly to the modem to the router. Or you can power down your modem for 15-30 minutes to try and force it to get a new ip address.

Pretty sure it's not the ASUS router as I watched 3 episodes of Goliath yesterday no issues.

When you connect the router vs just the modem you will receive a different WAN ip address. It's possible the address when connected via the router has been blacklisted. As a test, you can try cloning the MAC address of the PC you are using to connect directly to the modem to the router. Or you can power down your modem for 15-30 minutes to try and force it to get a new ip address.

That fixed the issue. Thanks.
Wasn't aware that connecting through a router or directly through the modem would make a difference. Good to know!

Support SNBForums w/ Amazon

If you'd like to support SNBForums, just use this link and buy anything on Amazon. Thanks!

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!