What's new

Problems with RT-AC66R webpage During VPN Connection & WAN HTTP Access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

N

neilth

I am having two problems with my RT-AC66R router which are probably not related to each other and I'm hoping someone has some solutions.

The first one is the inability to access the router's website via its WAN port. I am using DDNS, which I know is working because I can access my LAN from the outside using OpenVPN and Windows Remote Desktop to one of the PC's on my LAN using port forwarding. I have the router set to use http port 8080 on the WAN, but the router will not accept an http connection to its WAN port. Curiously, if I use the WAN side's internet address from one of my PC's on the LAN side, the router's website is instantly opened.

The second problem is again with the router's website. If I have an active OpenVPN connection to the router, I can access the router's website with no problems both from the LAN or via the VPN tunnel. But if I attempt to access the VPN Server Tab while there's an active VPN connection, the website instantly fails. If I hit the back button in my browser I get the previous page displayed and if I then press logout or reboot, I get a confirmation message, but nothing works and the router must then be powered off to restore its website. When this happens, only the website fails, all of the router's other functions appear to continue working normally.
I am currently using Merlin 3.0.0.4.374.40_0 firmware on the router, but these problems also existed with the previous version too.
Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.